Please make sure you've read and understand the competition terms and conditions before entering.
- The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) is holding a design competition to develop a badge for its new ship HMNZS Aotearoa. Entrants are invited to submit designs to the competition for the chance to have their design become the badge, or be included in the badge.
What is the Competition
Entry is open to New Zealand residents.
Entries may only be submitted by natural persons. Any entries on behalf of groups, unincorporated or incorporated entities or any other non-natural person or entity will not be accepted.
All entrants under the age of 18 years must have approval from a legal guardian or parent to participate in the competition, and that legal guardian or parent must countersign the entry form.
Members of Defence Public Affairs, the Office of the Chief of Navy, any member of the Ships Badges and Naming Committee, or any immediate family members of those groups are not eligible to enter the competition. Other members of the NZDF and their families are able to enter.
Who can enter
To enter the competition:
Only entries received during the competition period, 5am 1 July 2017 to midnight in 1 December 2017 will be considered.
NZDF reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject entries that are inappropriate or that it believes are submitted on behalf of third parties.
You can submit as many entries as you wish as long as they comply with the above points.
How to enter
- The top design(s) will be chosen by the Chief of Navy from all qualifying entries and will receive the Prize. All entries will be judged without reference to who the designer/s is.
- You agree to NZDF using your design, at its absolute discretion, to create a badge that will be used as the badge for HMNZS Aotearoa, and may modify and combine designs at its absolute discretion. This may include use and incorporation of designs that are not the Winning Design.
- By submitting a design you transfer ownership and all rights to your design to the New Zealand Defence Force including but not limited to the copyright, merchandising rights, all licences, and any future or unpaid royalties in exchange for entry into the contest and an opportunity to qualify for the prize offered by NZDF. You agree to waive all moral rights to be acknowledged as the author of the design. This provision also prohibits any personal use by the entrant of the design without the express written consent of the Chief of Navy.
- You will complete all documentation and complete all actions reasonably required by the New Zealand Defence Force to give effect to these terms and conditions.
- Your design must be original and created specifically for submission to this competition.
- Where a physical copy of a design has been entered, it will not be returned to the entrant and will be destroyed when the competition is concluded.
- You warrant that you have the full legal right to grant to NZDF all rights to use, modify, communicate, transfer and own your design, and that, to your knowledge, your design does not infringe upon the proprietary right of any person or entity.
The top design(s) will be chosen by the Chief of Navy. The winner(s) will each receive:
Domestic travel for two people to travel to the Devonport Naval Base and a tour of the facilities including lunch in the Wardroom.
Presentation of a life-size replica of the badge by the Base Commanding Officer.
A sea ride for two people around the Waitemata Harbour on a RNZN ship.
When HMNZS Aotearoa is delivered to the Navy, the entrant will be invited to join the ship for an overnight passage and stay in the VIP cabin.
If the final badge design selected is an amalgam of more than one submitted design, then each of the winners will receive the prize package above.
Dates and activities will be dependent on RNZN availability.
Travel paid for by NZDF is limited to domestic travel only.
The best entries will be shortlisted by NZDF and the final winners selected by the Chief of Navy. The NZDF’s and Chief of Navy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
If the prize winner(s) cannot be contacted within 48 hours of the announcement the prize may be forfeited.
All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash, in whole or in part.
By entering this competition, the entrant agrees that the opportunity to win the prize is valuable consideration and full and final compensation for all rights in and ownership of the selected design.
The Prize is subject to change without notice for a prize of equivalent value, such exchange and value to be determined at the New Zealand Defence Force’s absolute discretion.
NZDF will comply with the Privacy Act in respect of the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information. Information collected in connection with this competition will be held by the New Zealand Defence Force, and by Jotform.com (Jotform Inc., 1700 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA) and neither of these parties will disclose it to any person except for the purposes described in these terms and conditions, or as authorised by the person who the information relates to, or as authorised by law. Information will continue to be held until such time as it is no longer administratively required. Entrants have the right to access and correct their information.
By entering the competition, entrants authorise the NZDF to use any personal information collected during the competition for publicity purposes in any media.
The winner may be asked to provide a short bio to NZDF for publicity purposes.
By entering the competition, entrants confirm they have understood and agree to the terms and conditions of this competition.
All decisions made by NZDF in regard to any part of the competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
NZDF reserves the right to amend, change or cancel the competition and/or the terms and conditions of the competitions at any time.
NZDF reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered, illegal, inappropriate or illegible entries.
Entries received by NZDF outside of the competition period will not be considered. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed, including as a result of technical, telecommunication, postal or website errors. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
If there are any questions regarding these terms and conditions you may contact us at email@example.com.